We are proud of Croatia’s history and natural beauties and that is why we want you to experience the most of it, as the part of a great adventure. Another one of our signature tours will surely leave you wanting for more.
Between 1962 and 1968, 11 films on Winnetou, were shot in Croatia as a coproduction between Berlin’s Rialto Film and Zagreb’s Jadran Film.
Seven films were shot mostly in Paklenica up to the Prezid Pass in the south of Velebit. Four films were shot at the Paklenica National Park: Treasure of Silver Lake (1962), Among Vultures (1964), Old Surehand (1965) and Winnetou and Shatterhand in the Valley of Death (1968). Three more films were shot in Modrič – Rovanjska, Jasenice, at the Zrmanja River, Tulove grede cliffs and the Prezid Pass: Winnetou I (1963), Winnetou III (1965) and Winnetou and the Apache (1966).
After 40 minutes long drive, we will arrive to Paklenica National Park.
At this location there is an interesting memorial space in the original ambience of the former hotel Paklenica where a film crew was present, located within the present hotel Alan.
Next stop – the plateau with magnificent viewpoint of Zrmanja Canyon. Served as a filming location for numerous movie scenes about Indian chief Winnetou based on Karl May’s novels.
Later, ride continues by macadam road from 1832 towards Velebit mountain’s most attractive peak, Tulove grede (Tulo’s rafters in eng.). From foothills of the mountain peak starts 1,5 hour long climb to the top, with pauses. At the top, you will have 30-40 minutes long pause to rest and enjoy in unforgettable panorama view of Zadar archipelago and hinterland from 1100 meters height. After that follows downhill hike to the bottom of the peak.
Leaving you “wanting more” we head back to Šibenik.
Visit Croatia with Croatian Travel Club Ltd. and explore it at one of our day tours & excursions from Šibenik and Šibenik-Knin County!
- 08.00 am Departure from the arranged pick up point
- 09:30 am Driving through the beautiful landscape of dalmatian hinterland (Benkovac – Karin – Obrovac)
- 10.00 am Visiting St. Frane church
- 11.00 am Driving along Mali Alan – the most beautiful and valuable mountain road in Croatia
- 12.00 am Mali Alan – Winnetou memorial plaque
- 01.00 pm Tulove grede (Tulo’s rafters) – enjoying the view of Zadar hinterland and islands from more than 1100m high
- 02.00 pm Visiting the grave of Chief Winnetou
- 02.30 pm Magnificent canyon of river Zrmanja (Rio Grande)
- 03.30 pm End of the tour
Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses are highly recommended.
- Minimum number of guests is two
- Child rates apply only with 2 paying adults
- Infant rates are free of charge and apply if they do not occupy a seat
- Dates of the tours are changed according to the availability of seats